Collection of personal data
PwC processes personal data about contacts (existing and potential PwC clients and/or individuals associated with them) using a customer relationship management system (the “PwC CRM”) and a marketing automation tool (the “PwC MA”).
The collection of personal data about contacts and the addition of that personal data to the PwC CRM and PwC MA can be initiated by a PwC user and will include name, employer name, contact title, phone, email and other business contact details. When the collection is initiated by the data subject we collect relevant business contact details and marketing subscriptions.
Use of personal data
Personal data relating to business and marketing contacts may be visible to and used by PwC users to learn more about an account, client or opportunity they have an interest in, and may be used for the following purposes:
- Administering, managing and developing our businesses and services
- Providing information about us and our range of services
- Making contact information available to PwC users
- Identifying clients/contacts with similar needs
- Describing the nature of a contact’s relationship with PwC
- Performing analytics, including producing metrics for PwC leadership, such as on trends, relationship maps, sales intelligence and progress against account business goals
- Sending communications to our data subjects in line with their marketing preferences
- Taking and using pictures/video footage of data subjects attending our PwC events
- When consent is provided, PwC can share the personal data (name, function, company, email) of data subjects attending PwC events with partner organisations with whom we organise specific events. If consent is not given by the data subject we'll only share the company name of the subscriber
PwC member firms undertake to process your personal data only for the defined Purpose and to take reasonable measures to protect and to keep it confidential. Your personal data contained in the PwC CRM and PwC MA will not be disclosed to any third parties, whether in the EU or outside, other than the PricewaterhouseCoopers network or to third parties that are directly concerned by the Purpose.
PwC member firms do not sell or otherwise release personal data contained in the PwC CRM and PwC MA to third parties for the purpose of allowing them to market their products and services without consent from individuals to do so.
Personal data will be retained on the PwC CRM and the PwC MA for as long as it is necessary for the purposes set out above (e.g. for as long as we have, or need to keep a record of, a relationship with a business contact).