Philip is a Partner in the Antwerp and Brussels office. He has more than 15 years of experience as tax advisor and specializes in international mobility services. He has advised many clients on Belgian and international tax and social security law. His current clients notably include US, Indian, Dutch and UK MNCs.
Since joining the firm in 1997, Philip has specialized in cross-border employment situations, HR tax and social security setup for inbound investors.
- Tax planning for international mobile employees and directors (board members)
- Domestic tax planning for individuals (including salary-splits)
- The special Belgian taxation regime for foreign executives
- Development and implementation of expatriation policies
- Equity compensation (stock option plans, stock grants, phantom schemes, RSU’s, etc.)
- Tax efficient compensation structuring (including pension planning, benefits in kind, etc.)
- Tax efficient retirement planning
- Company policies around cars, mobile phones, use of corporate equipment, etc.
- Termination structuring for high-level executives including the active coordination between all legal (social security and labor law), benefits, HR and (corporate, VAT, personal income) tax aspects of work undertaken.